The new Polyamory Weekly #32 is up!
Coming up on this week’s show: poly living, poly dating, those crazy Mormons, poly dating, poly conferences, poly in the media, a poly sponsor and communication wisdom.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email me at email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-600-5677. Thanks for listening!
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to www.scarleteen.com. And yay for the White Sox winning the World Series!
2:30-4:20 Announcements: Polyamory Weekly has its first sponsor!
Chias of Polyamory Percolations is PW’s very first sponsor; woo hoo!
4:20-Listener mail: territory in poly living arrangements, Heinlein; poly dating in tight-knit groups; Mormon polygamy
4:20 Marq wrote in and minx muses about territory in poly living arrangements
8:45 Johnbear wrote in about Heinlein as his first and only model for communal living
13:55Khayman corrects some Mormon teachings regarding polygamy. He recommends Fawn M. Brodie’s “No Man Knows My History
and “Under the Banner of Heaven” for accurate histories of polygamy in the Mormon church.
15:55Brent writes in about Dr. Ruth, and minx recommends Sue Johansen as her favorite elderly sexpert.
17:15 Brodie comments on the
18:00Kayman comments that the books he recommended are actually quite Mormon-friendly, although those within the church characterize them as smear campaigns.
18:30 Brian’s audio story of an older generation of poly and minx’s comments on the mass media affecting perceptions of relationship trends.
24:20-29:55 Topic: Communication and argument wisdom
Thanks to K for her “random musings” on communication and arguments. So true, every one!
- Please visit this week’s sponsor’s site, Polyamory Percolations site.
- The Heartland Polyamory Conference is May 26-29th, 2006 at Our Haven sanctuary in Southern Indiana.
- The Conference on Polyamory & Mono-Normativity is in Hamburg, Germany, this weekend, November 4th-6th.
- There is a November poly lunch in Durban, South Africa, Saturday, November 5th at 1:00 p.m., at the Catmandu restaurant, 411 Windermere Road in Morningside.
- The Poly Living 2006 conference is February 3rd-6th, 2006, in Philadelphia, PA. The Poly at Sea will be in the fall of 2006.
- An Australian listener, Adam, provided these Aussie poly resources: PolyOz, PolyOZ Yahoo group, Perth Polyamory is at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Stay tuned for upcoming interviews with Susan Wright of the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, Stephen Elliott and Sean David Wright.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email me at email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-600-5677. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Thanks for listening!
If you like the intro/outro music, check out Pacemaker Jane, a cool band out of Ohio.