Subscribe now with iTunes one-click!
Please Digg this podcast at Digg’s PW podcast page
0:00 Introduction and host chat
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to www.scarleteen.com
1:40 Listener Mail
Thanks to Jason who wrote in to share his story; thanks to Marc for his donation to get minx a new car stereo; BTW, you can always make a donation to support PW by clicking here and hitting “Make a Donation”; if you’re interested in discussing the hotwife lifestyle (watching your wife with other men, he suggests checking out OurHotWives.org; minx comments that while this is a great lifestyle for some people, this doesn’t usually constitute frubble, which is explicitly non-sexual; Simon wrote in to share some historical poly couples; 5:00 Alex wrote in to share his own personal Orgasm Day and on the Poly Paradise Theme Camp at Burning Man, a great source of community for those lucky enough to go to Burning Man (hint, hint–see donate button above! minx wants to go!); Alyssa wrote in with a rant about poly being trendy;
10:35 Topic: The Poly Walk-In Closet
15:25 My Poly Family
Earthwalker shares some of the many benefits that his children have from being in a blended poly family
20:00 Poly in the Media
- This article on CNN points out that 90% of Americans have had premarital sex and is classified as “normal behavior.” About damn time!
- 23:15 Make Love; End the Monogamy War in the Syndey Morning Herald laments on the fact that monogamy is no longer the norm in our culture: It’s been an annus horribles for everlasting love and commitment
- 25:33 This “News of the Weird”-style story is from New Zealand
- 26:10 FROM CANADA: COURT RULES THAT BOY HAS DAD AND TWO MOMS! This ground-breaking ruling out of Canada could be the first cobblestone paving the way for legal poly parenting! My highlights are here And of course, the Alliance for Family is quoted as saying that this would “go against the traditional family unit,” but once again, they fail to mention why exactly that would be a bad thing
- 30:00Wired News’ commentary on “polyamory” being included in the dictionary is here
- This article in Town Hall is one of those quote-overusing, fear-mongering ones–this time, it’s that bisexuals all need to admit that they really want polygamy; my marks are here
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Thanks for listening!
If you like the intro music, check out Pacemaker Jane, a cool band out of Ohio.