Subscribe now with iTunes one-click!
Please Digg this podcast at Digg’s PW podcast page!
0:00 Introduction and host chat
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to www.scarleteen.com; friend me on Twitter and answer questions about what you want on the show, call 206-202-POLY with comments or discuss your own topics at the new FORUMS at http://forum.polyweekly.com.
2:00 Announcements & Promo stuff
- Don’t forget to check out the new Poly Weekly forums to sound off!
- Many Loves Seminar on February 16 at the Center on Halsted, Chicago, IL, $15
- I’ll be at Conflation, the Firefly-themed relax-a-con next weekend
- Review of the first meeting of the Poly Weekly book club! We decided to meet again next month to finish our discussion of Ravenscroft’s Polyamory: Roadmaps for the Clueless and the Hopeful next month, Wednesday, February 27th, at the Center on Halsted in Chicago, 6:00-9:00 p.m., on the second floor by the white couches
8:50 Topic: You’re Fat!, redux: How much honesty is too much honesty?
- First type of response: society is wrong (she shouldn’t have to lose the weight; he should still find her attractive; as a culture, we’re overweight)
- 17:30 Second type of response: try the indirect approach; use positive reinforcement (invite your partner on your walks
- 20:00 Third type of response: find out what’s at the root of the weight gain (depression, poor self-esteem) and address that; there is usually a reason people stop taking care of themselves; consider that this is affecting the sexual desire of both partners, not just the man;
- 26:00 Fourth type of response: if you have built trust with your partner, you can bring up any issue, even weight gain (if you have a history of bringing up difficult issues for the good of the relationship, your partner will have faith in you in this, too)
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Thanks for listening!