This week Poly Weekly #181:Your First Poly Munch.
0:00 Introduction and host chat
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to www.scarleteen.com; friend me on Twitter and answer questions about what you want on the show, call 206-202-POLY with comments or discuss your own topics at the forums at http://forum.polyweekly.com.
- Bitsy started a TNG(The Next Generation) Poly Group. This is part of the larger Chesapeake Poly Network. They meet 4th thursday of the month at SoHo Tea and Coffee in DuPont.
- Our sponsors, Adam and Eve are back! Wait for some great reviews of porn and lingerie!
- Keep your ears and eyes open for Porn and Brownie Night! or, make your own!
Here is a link for CPTNG
7:30 How to attend your first poly munch
Minx first reads the listener mail that inspired this topic; Bitsy mails in with her thoughts on how hard it is to fit in with a new group. She also mentions how uncomfortable it was to be hit on by so many people at Poly Pride.(I hit on you minx! -fs). Wolfpup also wrote in about Will’s experience in Australia is not that different from Will’s.
11:00 Saro Lynne has a great post on this subject. Here
Minx goes through this article and talks about her thoughts; Minx talks about those creepy people who show up to munches and how to deal with them. If you are the organizer it is also important to make sure everybody feels welcome and comfortable.
16:57 Minx goes through the Saro’s advice for attending your first munch.
20:00 Minx goes into her advice on how to handle yourself
- Introduce yourself on the mailing list.
- accept being nervous
- introduce yourself to the host and let them know you have never been
- be prepared to answer why you are there
- set yourself a goal to talk to 5 people
- if you don’t like who you are talking to, talk to somebody else
- if single guy, try not to look predatory. Make out with a guy! Or maybe volunteer
- if single girl, it is ok to say no.
- if couple, work at trying to not “gang up” on people. talk to people seperately sometimes
29:35 Listener Feedback
Milla writes in about a poly example in anime; Shoshona wrote in talking about how great the advice on the show is; jack wrote in and told a great story of when him and his wife were swing dancers and the frubbly emotions watching his wife dance with other men.
Thanks Elizabeth for your donation!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com
Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions”