Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Host chat
- Facebook’s relationship status woes. You can list yourself as being “in an open relationship,” but you can still list only one significant other. To be added as a partner to someone already listed as married, you have to go under Family and choose the last option, Partner, and it will appear at the very bottom of the relationships list in the left sidebar.
- More thoughts for the vanilla, football-loving crowd after the weekend’s bacon party.
6:30 Topic: It’s not them; it IS you
Thoughts on an article in the Harvard Business Review on the secret to dealing with difficult people and what you can do about it. Understand that it’s not them; it IS you—and you can change the lens through which you see the situation.
- The lens of realistic optimism (trying to be objective)
- The reverse lens (putting yourself in the other person’s shoes)
- The long lens (the “this will build character” argument)
Peter wrote in saying PW helped change his life. We LOVE hearing this!
25:30 Notice—Volunteers to help promote the show with GaggleAmp
I’m trying out GaggleAmp to see if any fans would be willing to receive weekly notices from PW to help promote the show. Look for invites on Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, repost the messages about the show on Twitter or Facebook when they arrive. Thanks if you participate and no worries if you don’t!
Shoutout to super-generous listener CodeJockey and hero donor Peter for their contributions this week!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment here. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”