Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Host chat
We’re closing in on episode 300. And it’s all YOURS! Call in your poem, limerick, story, joke, Happy Poly Moment, book review, rant; whatever! Call in to 206-202-POLY or attach an mp3 to email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Without YOU, there will be no show!
4:45 Topic: The care and feeding of drama
Drama doesn’t just happen; it needs insecurity, neurosis, lack of communication and passive-aggressiveness to survive. So how do you avoid drama? Cohost LustyGuy and Minx go over the basics:
- Definition of drama: Adding amplitude to emotional reactions vs specific behaviors
- Ways to avoid drama
- After initial immediate reaction, decide how you are going to behave
- Own your own shit (and communicate it!)
- Communicate in little bits, often, before the situation builds to a confrontation
- Talk about behaviors, not your judgments of them
- Talk about your own actions and feelings, not the other person’s
- Talk about the topic at hand, and only one at a time
- Examples from Lusty and Minx
- Early miscommunication + disconnect re: staying over
- Elle taking finances back from LustyGuy
Thanks to Paul, Marcie and Paul for their donations! And welcome Emma, Vir and Amy to the Poly Weekly Playmate subscription!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!