1:00 News and host chat
- Atlanta Poly Weekend is coming up March 9-11
- Want another poly podcast? Check out Pedestrian Polyamory!
5:00 Interview: the Myth of Sex Addiction
Dr. David Ley is a clinical psychologist and the author of a new book on sex addiction to be released next week!
- First book was Insatiable Wives about permissive female infidelity and the hotwife lifestyle
- Why the book was necessary
- Is “sex addiction” just a label for celebrities who have more sex than me?
- If sex is a biological imperative, how can it be an addiction?
- Why has this arisen in our culture now, this idea that people can be addicted to sex? What brought this about?
- TigressBooks asks: but is this behavior typical of alpha male? Not pathological, but personality type?
- Nissyen asks: there are lots of compulsive behaviors. Does sex gets the addiction label because it’s so culturally taboo to be promiscuous?
- Irish8m asks: isnt any action/behavior done to a degree that pushes other aspects of life out of balance an “addiction,” including sex?
References: the History of Nymphomania
39:00 Happy Poly Moment
- Kit shares a happy poly moment about his wife getting a date she wanted
- Funny poly moment from Clint and Kat in New Zealand
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!