1:00 Announcements and host chat
- No holiday chat here, just good kerfuffles of the week with LustyGuy cohosting
3:15 Topic: Nice guys rape, too
As part of the Good Men Project, Alyssa Royse penned this piece trying to explain that nice guys can commit rape, unbeknownst to them. The backlash against her piece has been significant. Our key objections:
- Saying that women give off “mixed signals” is not only wrong but irrelevant; it can come off as a rape apology
- Agreed that “no means no” does not work
- However, “yes means yes” does work 100% of the time
- Feministe What in the Holy Hell Is This
- Who Needs a Good Rapist Project
- The Phrase You’re Looking for is Cognitive Dissonance
21:45 Topic: Pink loves consent
A group of feminists in Baltimore coordinated a masterful spoof of Victoria’s Secret PINK site, which is typically targeted at teen and college-age women and bears thongs sporting motifs such as “Sure Thing” printed on skimpy thongs. PinkLovesConsent was such a pitch-perfect spoof of the site (now bearing panties sporting “Ask First” and “No Means No”) that even VS employees believed it to be real and congratulated the company on its embracing of women’s issues.
Sadly, Victoria’s Secret had nothing to do with it. But wouldn’t it be great if they had?
26:35 Happy Poly Moment
- Irina shares a happy poly moment about a kick-ass metamour
- Alicia shares a happy poly moment of being welcomed into a relationship
- Joreth writes in to correct evolutionary assumptions in episodes 333, 336 and 340 on the upsuck theory
- Jenny makes a point about compulsions in response to episode 309 on sex addiction
34:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY (our new number!). And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!