7:00 Topic: should there be a limit on partners?
Listener Addie asked; you gave your advice on Facebook and Twitter. Is there a limit on partners? What should it be? How should it be determined?
- When you run out of time/energy/bandwidth
- When communication breaks down
- When your partners stop feeling appreciated
- When you/they aren’t emotionally satisfied
- When you don’t recognize them at the grocery store
- When you can’t remember their kids’ names
- When you’re worn out and don’t have enough time for yourself
- If you couldn’t fit them all into a D&D campaign, it’s too many
- Clara: Up to seven. For committed, romantic, generally two boyfriends, a girlfriend and a metamour with benefits
- Misha: one per area code
- Elizabeth: No more that six: two lovers and a pair of grown children, two close friends.
- Hydro: Two to five. Ramp down Dunbar’s number into scaled tiers and you have similar. Core 2-5, first tier 10-15, 2nd say 30, and rest in the large gradient fade out of tier 3 to Dunbar’s 150-200.
22:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!