How and when to come out to your doctor
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
- We’ll be speaking at RelateCon in Boise March 31-April 2
- Use code POLYWEEKLY for a special discount when you register for RelateCon
- Want to win a complementary pass to RelateCon? Leave a comment here saying why you want to go!
- We’ll also be at Poly Living Philadelphia in February
- And Poly Dallas Millennium July 14-15
6:30 Poly in the news
9:30 Topic: Coming out to your doctor
With cohost Koe Creation.
- What your doctors need to know
- The gender of the people you have sex with
- The number of people you have sex with
- What you use in terms of barriers and birth control
- Any health conditions or concerns that you or your partners have that might affect the experience of identifying or treating an STI
- How and when to come out and which doctors to come out to
- Minx’s advice to doctors about intake questions that will help the patient feel more comfortable revealing their relationship orientation and sexual identity
- 28:10 Advocating for the type of STI testing you want and why “test for everything” isn’t clear enough
- Model “reactive” and “non-reactive” versus “clean” or “positive”
36:30 Happy poly moment
J shares a wonderful holiday happy poly moment
Thanks to Jason, Doug and Zoya for their generous donations this month!
39:30 How to make this podcast better
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email email@example.com!