Dan Savage on polyamory over the years
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
Thank you for listening!
2:40 Interview: Dan Savage on polyamory
Dan Savage is a writer, TV personality, and activist best known for his political and social commentary, as well as his honest approach to sex, love and relationships. Savage’s sex advice column, “Savage Love,” is syndicated in newspapers and websites throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. He is the Editorial Director of The Stranger, Seattle’s weekly alternative newspaper, and his writing has appeared in publications including The New York Times, The New York Times Magazine, GQ, Rolling Stone, The Onion, and on Salon.com. Savage is also the author of several books and is a contributor to Ira Glass’s This American Life, and has appeared on NPR’s Fresh Air with Terry Gross, HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, and ABC’s 20/20.
While many people still believe that Dan Savage has an unfavorable view of polyamory due to some comments of his from many years ago, he is actually quite positive towards it. Here’s what we asked him:
- has your take on poly changed over the years?
- what is your current stance on poly?
- how has “monogamish” helped people over the years?
- how do you deal with critiques about inclusion?
- what are you most proud of?
- what do you wish you hadn’t said?
- what do we need to do in the face of a Trump presidency?
- what are you working on next?
- what advice do you have for small sex positive podcasters with a day job?
- any parting advice for the poly movement?
- are you poly?
33:30 How to make this podcast better
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email email@example.com!