502: Am I too picky?
I can’t find a partner on OKCupid. Am I too impatient or too picky?
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
- We’ll be speaking at RelateCon in Boise March 31-April 2.
- Use code POLYWEEKLY for a 10% discount when you register for RelateCon
- Want to win a complementary pass to RelateCon? Leave a comment here saying why you want to go!
- We’ll also be at Poly Living Philadelphia in February
- And Poly Dallas Millennium July 14-15
- We’re booked for free gigs for 2017, but we can work with you to speak at your event for a modest honorarium. Or book us now for 2018!
5:20 Poly in the News
- You, Me, Her TV show is focusing more on poly navigation in season two
- Moulton “Pete” Marston, son of William Moulton Marston, co-creator of Wonder Woman, dies
8:15 Movie review: Summer Lovers
12:00 Am I too picky?
Listener A is over 50, married, new to poly and closeted. She’s been on OKCupid for 10 months and has only met one guy she liked but who isn’t poly. Her one experience has her craving more, and she frequently chats up guys on OKC, but she isn’t feeling the spark with anyone. She asks, “Am I too picky or just too impatient?”
- Husband of a monogamous married couple of 18 years who have recently become polyamorous ask for advice on continuing to come out to their kids. They’re out to the kids now, but how and when should they introduce the partners to the kids?
- Heather wrote in about episode 493 on asking for reassurances and recommends The Five Love Languages
26:45 Happy Poly Moment
A listener wrote in to share that he simply asked “are you poly” to a business flirt while out of town, and got a “yes”!
How to make this podcast better
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email email@example.com!