507: How do I get control of my fears?
How do I get control of my fears and insecurities in order to better deal with poly situations?
UPDATE: THE AUDIO FILE HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH A FULL MONO MIX. NO MORE PING-PONG LISTENING!
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
Welcome Kevin Patterson to the cohost chair
3:30 Poly in the News
8:15 Topic: How do I get control of my fears?
Listener Lost and Confused writes in to ask how to get control of her own fears and insecurities so she can feel more comfortable with poly situations. We advise:
- give yourself credit for owning your shit
- this is experience shock
- don’t consider it a confrontation
- don’t do all the processing on your own—invite others to join you
- do regular check-ins versus One Big Deal—like an agile scrum meeting with progress, blocking issues and next steps
- do the “and then what” exercise
LuvAsThouWilt wrote in about the earth being non-moon-ogamous
24:50 Happy Poly Moment
- GreedyPaul wrote in with a Happy Poly Moment about poly sickies taking care of each other
- PolyWanterLust wrote in with a story to give those introducing poly to a monogamous marriage hope
27:30 How to make this podcast better
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!