522: I feel displaced by my metamour
Is it OK to feel displaced by my metamour?
0:00 Introduction and host chat
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
We complain about having to close the windows and turn off the fans in order to record when it’s 90 degrees out. J Also!
- We’ll be at Poly Dallas Millennium next month
- Minx learned how to moderate YouTube comments after posting her response video to Mayim Bialik to YouTube.
- Second Favorite Man poly country western ballad by Tight Pajamas will be our outro music. The music video is here, and you can purchase the song here.
6:30 Poly in the News
- David gives an audio review of The Secret History of Wonder Woman book about the polyamorous author and recommends it for those interested in comic books, feminism or the fight for birth control
- 13:30 we also discuss our reactions to the Wonder Woman movie
- 16:05 Three men in Columbia registered their poly marriage
17:15 Topic: I’m feeling displaced by my new metamour
New to Poly is feeling pushed aside by her partner’s relationship with her new metamour, with whom her partner is exploring BDSM. She is feeling displaced because her partner is repeatedly canceling or changing her established chats in order to make plans with her new metamour. Is it OK to feel this way?
- Yes, it’s always OK to feel whatever you feel!
- Talk to your partner and own your shit—good job!
- Work on a shared solution together
- Andy comments on episode 517 STIs for dummies on a situation in which HSV could be a more important issue—pregnancy
- AggieSez shares a comment on episode 488 Negotiating metamour meets, reminding us that the metamour gets a say in the timing as well, not just the couple!
31:00 Happy Poly Moment
Diva called in with a happy poly moment about coming out to her kid!
34:20 Thank you!
Welcome Abby as a new playmate and thanks Leadra in Germany for the $69 donation!
35:00 How to make this podcast better
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook, leave a comment here. Check out Poly Weekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”