525: Profile: Goody Howard, sex positive superhero
We chat with intimacy consultant, sex toy party host and oral sex specialist Goody Howard
0:00 Introduction and host chat
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Host Chat
Poly Dallas Millennium was eye-opening!
2:45 Poly in the News
- In Australia, TV news coverage of women fired for being poly
- Satire: experts warn this Seattle poly relationship could expand to cover all of Seattle!
9:17 Interview: Goody Howard, Sex Positive Superhero
We do a poly profile of Goody Howard, Sex Positive Superhero, whom we met at Poly Dallas Millennium. An intimacy consultant and a sex educator who loves to host toy parties and teach classes on oral sex, her superpower is helping people to be comfortable discussing intimacy, sexuality and their own wants and needs.
- To support her trip to the Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit next week, go to PayPal and send your donation to email@example.com
- Women of Color Sexual Health Network
- Her favorite thing to do is to teach oral sex classes, currently available as Lick! Sexy Summer Series 2017 in the Dallas area.
And Goody kindly agreed to give me feedback on what went wrong with my keynote address at PDM. How can I (and others) be more inclusive?
- Rather than giving voice to the voiceless, pass the mic. Give the opportunity to speak directly to the POC rather than speaking for them.
- Call in versus call out. “Call in” is to address an incident of privilege or implicit bias privately. A “call out” is addressing the incident publicly, in front of others.
- Educate yourself. On micro-aggressions and on how systematic racism works so you can recognize when it’s happening.
41:15 Thank you!
Chris donated $69.96 to celebrate the wife and girlfriend going on their first date!
42:00 How to make this podcast better
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook, leave a comment here. Check out Poly Weekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”