Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
- Donate to Loving More
- Our FIRST online course: Kicking Poly Drama on Its Ass, is available now for $99! Get 90 minutes of instruction, plus homework, worksheets and a student community!
4:45 Poly in the news
6:10 Topic: Tips for navigating a poly vacation
- Share your priorities What do you need to have a great vacation? Share your priorities in terms of restfulness, time with partners vs alone and sightseeing.
- Do you have any emotional baggage about past bad vacations? Share it now.
- Lay out finances Be brave and have full financial transparency. Lay out the expectations for who will pay for what, and make sure that everyone is comfortable with the level of financial commitment. Ask questions such as:
- If three people share a room and two share a bed, does the third pay ½ or 1/3 of the bill?
- If someone requires a four-star versus a two-star or three-star hotel, is everyone comfortable with the additional financial commitment? Do they want any financial considerations in return?
- Consider biology We are our biology! What does each person need biologically to have a good trip? Consider
- Eating schedule
- Sleeping schedule
- Sex schedule
- Privacy schedule
- Medications and backup medications
- Sleeping arrangements Let each person voice their needs and concerns of privacy versus access (both physical and sexual).
- Negotiate activities Then we get down to the meat of the vacation: what do you do every day? Have a discussion about whether each person prefers sightseeing or adventure; snorkeling or sunbathing; birdwatching or cliff diving; hiking or boat touring.
- What are the expectations in terms of group/paired/ solo activities? Is the expectation that everyone will always do everything together?
- Is there a need for people to pair off for activities?
- Does anyone need solo time to do activities?
- How will you decide on any given day what each person or the group will do?
39:00 Thank you!
Thanks to Yang for becoming our newest Poly Weekly Playmate!
40:00 Wrap Up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!