Introduction Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
- I’ll be at CatalystCon September 12-14 doing the opening keynote, moderating a panel on marketing for sex positive educators, signing copies of 8 Things I Wish I’d Known About Polyamory and doing a live PW cast with Reid Mihalko and Charlie Glickman!
- Oklahoma has a poly network now! And also a Facebook group, Tumblr and Twitter!
7:30 Topic: Poly for introverts
- Dan is a cohost of the Erotic Awakenings podcast and co-producer of Beyond the Love
- dawn cohosts Erotic Awakenings, co-produces Beyond the Love and produces Kinkstarter cards to help people experiment with BDSM
- Karen is the co-leader of Poly Columbus, a poly community support group and Executive Director of the Poly Columbus Board of Directors
Introverts and polyamory
- 11:30 What is an introvert? Does it have anything to do with shyness?
- 16:00 Why do the distinctions between introverts and extroverts matter in polyamory?
- 18:21 Tips for dealing with introverts?
- Don’t expect an answer immediately; allow time for a thoughtful response
- Don’t interrupt
- Don’t push introverts to become extroverted or make lots of friends
- Respect the slow burn
- Give introverts time to observe before engaging
- If you’re an external processor, remember to pause and allow silence
- Let introverts hang out together quietly
- 25:25 Differentiate between social events that are important that your introverted partner attend and those that don’t matter as much to you
- 26:00 Suggested introvert activities
- Family gaming night—interaction but contained
- Public family game night out—task-oriented but also semi-social and public
- Allow time for self-care, which may mean disappearing for 10 minutes during an event
- 34:00 Beyond the Love
36:05 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!