Introduction Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
- 1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
- We’re teaching 8 Things I Wish I’d Known About Polyamory August 21 in Seattle
- And we have new paper copies of 8 Things I Wish I’d Known about Polyarmoy for sale now, if you like the paper version!
- A report from the field on Stockholm Poly Pride Week
- I’ll be at CatalystCon next month
5:30 Topic: Poly mythbusters
- The original article that inspired this episode
- My original list:
- It’s all about the love
- Only men want it
- No one ever gets jealous
- It’s more evolved than monogamy
- But when I put it to you, the listeners, you voted in these top five myths:
- Poly = fear of commitment (aka “you’re just afraid to settle down” or “when you meet the Right One you’ll change”)
- 10:16 Poly = orgies (also general promiscuity and sex)
- Poly is bad and confusing for the children
- 16:04 Poly = cheating
- Poly doesn’t work or doesn’t last
- Derek wrote in to share how he and his sweetie avoided a relationship land mind
- Michael invites anyone interested in HSV and HPV groups on Facebook to send him a friend requests
Welcom Savanni to the PW Playmates and to Doug for his $69 donation!
25:30 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!