LustyGuy and Cunning Minx at Conflation in Wild West garb
Download the mp3 directly
1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
4:15 Topic: Everyone is doing poly wrong and needs to die in a fire
I’ve been speaking at more conference than usual this quarter, and with getting out more comes more musing.
In particular, I’ve noticed that we poly folks can be quick to police and judge others who have different definitions from ours. My blog post on why we should stop the poly policing and promote curiosity and tolerance is here; I talk through all the major points and make a plea for stopping our tendency to be the poly police and instead focus on curiosity, understanding and tolerance of others who might practice polyamory differently from us. (Yes, even when we think they’re doing it 100% wrong!)
Q wrote in about polyamory and Buddhism and how they relate. Your thoughts?
25:30 Happy Poly Moment
A wrote in to share a Happy Poly Valentine’s Day moment!
27:00 Thank you!
Thanks to Poly Weekly supporters Melissa, Davie and Nigel for their donations this week! Also, we welcome Madalyn to the Poly Weekly playmates!
28:30 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
The Geeky Kink event and more on how not to be a douche on FetLife
Download the mp3 directly
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Host chat
4:00 Topic: The Geeky Kink event review
Christian from New Jersey reviews the Geeky Kink Event.
- First time event; hiccups at registration, wifi issues, Friday was slow to get up and running
- He was performer with White Elephant Burlesque and danced to White and Nerdy!
- Seemed open and accepting of kink, steampunk, geek, anime, leather
- There was a bootblack brigade, Jay Wiseman, Lord Percival, Murphy Blue on shibari and connections
- Other classes on DIY, LAN parties and clothing-optional Rock Band
- Also had aftercare room “room of requirement”
1. Focus on people you feel you might have a genuine connection; don’t play the numbers.
2. Read the profile carefully and bring up a detail in your first communication.
3. Don’t paper the site with the same email. Don’t play the numbers.
4. Be confident, literate, appealing and polite.
5. Demonstrate some depth to your life in your profile.
6. Be the interesting person you would want to receive a message from.
- Blake changed his FetLife profile based on 292!
- Wes from Philadelphia suggests OKC for the poly football-loving guy; Minx didn’t suggest it originally because they specifically said they’d tried it already and couldn’t find enough all-American girls next door
Thanks to David for the correction: It was Charlize Theron, not Nicole Kidman in Head in the Clouds.
Thanks to David! And Hero Francis for the three-digit contribution this week!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment here. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”