1:00 Host chat
10:30 Topic: I’m in love but just got vetoed!
L writes in for advice. What do you do when you trust that the couple really is poly and end up falling in love with the guy, only to have his wife veto you a bit later when she breaks up with her own boyfriend?
- This sucks and is unfair and unkind.
- Lying about the nature of your relationship isn’t healthy.
- Expecting him to leave her isn’t terribly healthy, either.
- Accept and grieve the loss. Value yourself and the experience.
- Next time, vet the couple to be sure each person is stable, fully embraces polyamory and is personally secure.
22:35 Happy Poly Moment
- B in Seattle shares a Happy Poly Moment. British comedies FTW!
- Cate shares a beautiful story of a metamour leaving a footprint of food and love. Want to win a metamour of the year award? Be a Hot Dish Elf!
- Kit wrote in about a web series that portrays poly as normal, Homestuck. Actors voice episodes here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Let%27s+Read+Homestuck
- Angel writes in about his poly quad family with a variety of conditions: limited mobility issues, ADHD, acromegaly and how they support each other
32:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!