Under-18 warning and redirection to Scarleteen
1:00 News and host chat
- Quick review of OpenSF:
- Meeting Cooper Life on the Swingset podcast from and Shana and Gavin Katz from the Pedestrian Polyamory podcast
- Negotiating Non-Monogamy
- Inclusion in the community
- Dossie Easton’s Pansexual Poly Sluts in Leather
- So Many Honeys, So Little Money with Heina
- Tristan Taormino has a new radio show, Sex Out Loud, every Friday at 5:00 PM Pacfic! Twitter: SexOutLoudRadio
12:00 Topic: Poly families with Sierra Black
a.blogspot.com/2012/04/on-abcs-2020-polyfamily-network-shows.html”>20/20 episode on polyamory and parenting.
Parenting questions she is asked:
- How do you find the time to be poly with a 4-year-old, a 7-year-old and an 18-year-old? Answer: this isn’t a one-way street; everyone pitches in so others can have date time.
- What do you tell the kids? Answer: Be open about who everyone is with age-appropriate information.
- What do you do when relationships end? Answer: deal with them just as you would with step-parents and keep them in the kids’ lives whenever possible.
- What advice do you have about coming out to older kids? Answer: we’re lucky because everyone in the community is open and poly and the kids have a support network.
- How are you out to the other adults in your kids’ life? School administrators, grandparents, doctors? Answer: anything you radiate normal, healthy vibes about, people will take in stride. Be comfortable, confident and open, and it’s easy to be out.
Conclusion: kids are very What’s In It for Me? They want to know that they are loved and that mommy, daddy and everyone else loves and cares about them, too.
Thanks to Mike for the $69 donation!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!