1:00 News and host chat
- LustyGuy cohosts
- I’ll be giving Content Creation for the Online Activist at CatalystCon September 14-16 in Long Beach
2:45 Topic: The schedule dance
Herbalwise calls in to ask best practices for coordinating schedules with a new partner while being considerate of the existing partner. If you can’t do a regular date night because of kids and whatnot, how do you grab time while remaining considerate of the life partner?
- Question: why can’t dates be scheduled?
- Question: why are you hesitating to speak to your life partner about dates and scheduling?
- LustyGuy points out the importance of time budgeting
- Minx recommends the three C’s of poly dating:
- Clarity – be clear about what you want, need and will accept
- Calendar – used shared calendars (Google is popular)
- Communication – communicate with all parties before, during and after dates as needs shift and change
- Recommendations from listeners via Facebook, Twitter and Google+ include:
- Shared Google calendars and unlimited texting plans
- Only have as many partners as you can handle and schedule time-wise
- Schedule some events long in advance and leave blocks of time open for serendipitous meetings with lovers
- Overlapping social circles, group dates and double dates
- Teuxdeux for tasks
33:00 Happy Poly Moment
DDom shares joy in discovering a close community via FetLife.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!