1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
- Minx will be teaching two sessions at Winter Wickedness February 7-8 in Columbus, Ohio! Classes will include Kicking Poly Drama on Its Ass and Eight Things I Wish I’d Known about Poly (Before I Tried and Fucked It Up). Both are new classes and hopefully will fit into the kink venue!
- The wacky poly-friendly Butterfinger Superbowl commercial got quite a negative reaction, but Dan Savage praised it as monogamish
- The movie Her is about a guy who falls in love with his AI and has some poly messaging, including “I’m yours, and I’m not yours”
7:30 Topic: Poly for realz and partner selection
B wrote in to ask about how to deal with actively dating and possibly attracting partners who might not identify as poly. A great episode is always Getting Over the Poly Hump, even though B has been open for quite a few years. Focus on more communication, not less and yes, 99% of successful poly is partner selection.
Also, P from NY state asks about how to bring polyamory up to a partner he’s been seeing for a while. Minx recommends the poly hump podcast and also considering poly an ongoing conversation rather than a one-time, all-or-nothing deal.
- Episode 379 Owning your own shit got a lot of feedback!
- Vaughn comments that saying something out loud often mitigates the issue
- Heather asks where to draw the line on disclosing one’s emotions
27:50 Happy Poly Moment
- Hayley wrote in with a very cute car analogy to deal with a partner’s possessiveness
- S in Australia shared a moment of poly joy as his partners found a shared interest in architecture and design
31:45 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!