Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Host chat
- New personal story of poly blog
- Thanks for 48,668 downloads in October!
4:00 Topic: The Geeky Kink event review
Christian from New Jersey reviews the Geeky Kink Event.
- First time event; hiccups at registration, wifi issues, Friday was slow to get up and running
- He was performer with White Elephant Burlesque and danced to White and Nerdy!
- Seemed open and accepting of kink, steampunk, geek, anime, leather
- There was a bootblack brigade, Jay Wiseman, Lord Percival, Murphy Blue on shibari and connections
- Other classes on DIY, LAN parties and clothing-optional Rock Band
- Also had aftercare room “room of requirement”
1. Focus on people you feel you might have a genuine connection; don’t play the numbers.
2. Read the profile carefully and bring up a detail in your first communication.
3. Don’t paper the site with the same email. Don’t play the numbers.
4. Be confident, literate, appealing and polite.
5. Demonstrate some depth to your life in your profile.
6. Be the interesting person you would want to receive a message from.
- Blake changed his FetLife profile based on 292!
- Wes from Philadelphia suggests OKC for the poly football-loving guy; Minx didn’t suggest it originally because they specifically said they’d tried it already and couldn’t find enough all-American girls next door
Thanks to David for the correction: It was Charlize Theron, not Nicole Kidman in Head in the Clouds.
Thanks to David! And Hero Francis for the three-digit contribution this week!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment here. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”