1:00 Announcements and host chat
There have been quite the happenings in Sweden, writes listener D!
- A psychological study called “Polyamory: A Challenging Love Story”
- Dagens Nyheter (DN) published nine articles under the headline “To Love More”
- Public service company SVT had a poly couple visiting their morning show
- A popular radio show from the public service company SR discussed poly as one of their three topics, after the recent media coverage
- A newspaper from the so called Bible Belt published a very critical editorial piece called “Free Love Hurts”
- Aquick response from a public service radio channel’s sex shows: “Does Free Love Really Hurt?”
- And there was a local poly conference, too! Polykon 7
4:30 Topic: How to argue
Great advice on how to argue and fight fair in a relationship:
- Treat the other person with respect
- Summarize back what you heard
- Assure your partner that his/her feelings are valid
- Use “I” statements
- Don’t get revenge
- Diffuse the anger
- Talk about your feelings rather than acting on them
19:30 Happy Poly Moment
Jess writes in to share some sweet gestures from her metamour on first meeting!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY (our new number!). And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!