Tristan Taormino tells all about kink in her new book
Download the mp3 directly
1:00 News and host chat
- I’ll be giving Content Creation for the Online Activist at CatalystCon September 14-16 in Long Beach
3:30 Tristan Taormino on the Ultimate Guide to Kink
Tristan Taormino, award winning author, columnist, editor, filmmaker, sex educator and editor, shares her insights on her new book, the Ultimate Guide to Kink. Tristan shares why she decided to write the book, why she decided to use an anthology format, and who should read the book.
Also, the book is split into two parts: skills/techniques and fantasies/fetishes—Tristan shares why and what you can expect in each section.
Where can you buy the Ultimate Guide? Your local sex-positive store such as Smitten Kitten or Babeland.
- David took issue with Grammar Girl’s explanations of “jealousy” versus “envy”. That full podcast episode is here: Jealousy vs Envy
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY (our new number!). And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Primal interview with Christopher Ryan, co-author of anthropological phenomenon, Sex at Dawn
Download the mp3 directly
Introduction and host chat
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to http://www.scarleteen.com; friend us on Twitter or Facebook, call 206-202-POLY with comments or discuss your own topics at the forums.
Interview: Christopher Ryan, co-author of Sex at Dawn
- Sex at Dawn on the PW Amazon Store
- Dispelling anthropological myths. Let’s start with what “marriage” is in the animal kingdom
- Was early life “nasty, brutish and short”? Are humans traditionally generous?
- What is “natural” and why does it matter?
- Is agriculture really to blame for our current oppressive patriarchal structure and the transition from generosity to possessiveness?
- Is it really a myth that prehistoric humans died by age 35?
- In which cultures/models is sex removed from paternity and childrearing?
- What do we learn about humanity from bonobos?
- Mosuo video link he mentioned
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com
Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”
Come log on to the Skypecast tomorrow to discuss Tristan Taormino’s new book, Opening Up!
When: Saturday, July 12th, 3:30 p.m. Central
How: Click this link and sign on to Skype
What: anything you’d like to say about Opening Up
The discussion will be recorded, so please be aware that participating means your voice will be posted online. Thanks for your participation; I can’t wait to talk about this will y’all!