Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
- Geek Girl Con is happening October 8-9 in Seattle; join me for the Geeks and Kink panel next to Allena Gabosch of the Center for Sex Positive Culture Saturday evening!
2:45 Geeks and Kink
Teresa Jusino and Pendard sign on as geek experts research the correlation between sci-fi geekiness and kink/BDSM proclivities. Why are so many geeks kink-friendly, and why are so many comic books and sci-fi plots kinky?
- Are sci-fi content creators all kinky, or do the fans demand kink?
- Why are depictions of kink in sic fi more realistic and more accepted?
- Are creators/consumers kinkier than the average bear or just average but more willing to talk about it?
- Four theories on the collision of geeks and kink
- Pendard shares the kinky background of Wonder Woman; was William Marston kinky himself?
- The top five geektastic kinky couples
- Listener question from Graydancer: why are there more “real” geek girls out there now?
- Geek Girl Con
- Listener question from Justin: does the geek/kink connection have to do with intelligence?
- Vir shares his thoughts on first-time poly and on passive-aggressive behavior
Thanks to Sarah Elizabeth for the generous donation this week!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment here. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”