Introduction Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
Bawdy Storytelling is coming to Seattle October 3 at 8:00 Rebar!
1:30 PW Live from CatalystCon West!
- Topic: how do we stop policing our poly communities and embrace tolerance?
- We need a space for the newbies and the old guard who don’t want to have to step back and explain the 101 questions
- remember when judging others that the finger points back at you
- how can we tolerate a world free of shame if we then shame others?
- if you’re happy and dating your species, why does it matter?
- let’s not shit on the mono community–bad marketing!
- “There is no one more zealous than the newly converted” – Charlie
- 34:00 if you’re a newbie, is there something you need to be able to demonstrate to share with the veterans so they’ll be more comfy with you?
- Reid: ability to clearly voice needs and wants; self-awareness. Minx says “self awareness is really sexy”
- Charlie: how do you handle conflict, anger and fear?
- If you get a negative response such as “wow poly sounds hard,” ask “why does that sound hard to you?”
- 39:45 What does queer mean to you?
- Reid: I’m awesome sexual. When I started dating sluts, no one was complaining how slutty I was. Date your species! There’s a difference between a car working harder because it’s going uphill or straining because the parking brake is on.
- Charlie: date people of both genders but more about world view rather than gender assignations
- 45:30 How is poly done differently regionally?
- Charlie recommends asking for community norms before visiting
- 48:00 How do you find a good local community? Openingup.net, also Google “polyamory” and the name of the city
52:00 Thank you!
Thanks to Bret and David for their generous donations this week!
52:30 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!