Introduction Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
- We’re teaching 8 Things I Wish I’d Known About Polyamory August 21 in Seattle
- Eleanor O’Brien’s one woman show Lust & Marriage is coming to Portland July 3-6
3:20 Topic: How to prethink relationship land mines
Minx and LustyGuy came up with a series of questions to think about to give some pre-thought to what kind of best person you want to be in a relationship. Even if you have rules against some of these behaviors, know that many or most of them will happen, anyway. And what will you do when that happens? (Please don’t make another rule against it or clamp down harder on the rule!)
So with the understanding that experience shock happens and you react in an unanticipated way, give some thought about some of these classic relationship land mines.
- How will you respond when your partner falls in love with another woman? What about another man?
- How will you respond when your partner is enjoying NRE with a new partner?
- How will you respond when your partner dates someone who seems smarter or prettier than you? Richer? Better job?
- How will you feel when you fall in love with someone other than your partner?
- How will you see your existing relationship when you have a shiny new one?
- How will you respond to seeing your partner hold hands or snuggle with someone new?
- How will you respond to a request for privacy?
- How will you respond if the new person wants to move in? What if your partner wants him to move in?
- How will you respond if your new partner turns out to be more into your husband/wife than you? Will you be able to support them?
- How will you respond when your fears are triggered?
- How will you respond when you feel insecure?
- How will you maintain intimacy and excitement with your current partner?
- How will you keep up communication with your partner(s) to address issues early?
- How will you support your partner’s new romances? How will you support their loss/ with your partner being hurt?
- How will you support your partner’s choices, even if they don’t match yours?
- How will you respond when you aren’t getting what you want?
- How will you respond when your new lover isn’t getting what he/she wants?
- How will you respond when your partner isn’t getting what he/she wants?
- How will you respond when your metamour isn’t getting what he/she wants?
- How will you support your metamour?
- How will you maintain communication with your metamour?
- How will you respond when there are issues with your metamour?
19:15 Happy Poly Moment
Erika writes in with a great story about being herself on OKC and getting great results!
22:15 Thank you
Thank you to ChasingJoy for being our newest PW Playmate!
22:50 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!