Several Supreme Court justices mentioned the slippery slope argument against poly marriage as a reason to deny same-sex marriage. Does that mean we’re next in line for legalization?
Download the mp3 directly
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
- Indiana University is doing a research study on polyamorists. It’s 20-30 minutes; take the survey here.
3:00 Poly in the News: Is Legalizing Poly Marriage Next?
27:00 Feedback: Poly explosion
A listener calls in to share a heartbreaking tale of a poly implosion.
23:10 Happy Poly Moment
PolyDoc wrote in to share how she had an opportunity to let an 81-year-old patient in a sexless marriage know about polyamory and consensual non-monogamy.
37:20 Thank you!
Cagey and Doug both donated $69 each, which we invested in Portland strippers. J
38:30 Wrap Up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Is legalization of poly marriage worth the battle?
Download the mp3 directly
1:00 Announcements and host chat
- I will be hosting a poly panel and helping to emcee at Conflation in Saint Louis February 22-24
- Also a Write Your Own User Manual session followed by a meet and greet at Shameless Grounds coffee shop on Sunday, February 24th at 7:00 PM. Come join us! Calendar info
- Hidden Social: Where Sexual Variants Gather Online session at SXSWi on Sunday, March 10, 3:30 PM with Herb Coleman, Adjunct Professor of Psychology at UT Austin ( #hiddensoc )
- Content Creation for the Online Activist on Sunday, March 17th at 10:30 AM in D.C. at CatalystCon ( #ccon )
- Want to help send Minx to SXSWi and CatalystCon this year? We just need 10 $96 donations so I can eat! And we LOVE $69 and $96 donations!
6:00 Topic: should we fight for legalization of poly marriage?
Mistress Matisse’s article on the legalization of poly marriage debate: You May Now Kiss the Bride and the Other Bride and the Other Bride and the Other Groom: Why Poly Marriage Is Never Going to Happen
What are your thoughts on fighting to legalize poly marriage? Do you care? Would you fight for it for the next 20 years like the gays did?
17:50 Happy Poly Moment
Vicki shares a fun snogging-oriented happy poly moment
- CL wrote in to quote a study on how long it actually takes to create a habit. Turns out, it’s not the oft-quoted 21 days, but anywhere from 21 to 84 days, depending on the habit. Source: Author: Jeremy Dean; Title: Making Habits, Breaking Habits; Publisher: Da Capo Press; Date: Copyright 2013 by Jeremy Dean; Pages: 3-7
- Space Hippie Geek wrote in to respond to episode 300 on couple privilege and took issue with three points:
- conflating a triad and a vee (in a vee there is no romantic relationship between two of the partners)
- pointing out (quite rightly) that, “don’t only want to feel as if I’m being added onto an established family. I also want to feel that my boyfriend is joining my family. Even if I don’t have another partners, and am not close to my birth family. Even just by myself, I am a family, a household. I have my own traditions, customs, and ways of doing things.”
- While there are benefits to having everyone talk together, communicating as a group isn’t always necessary.
- Mitch advocates for my voice not being used for the proliferation of toxic sludge
29:45 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY (our new number!). And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!