This month’s Poly Weekly Book Club was GREAT! We had about seven people in attendance, and we finished up discussing Ravenscroft’s Polyamory: Roadmaps for the Clueless and the Hopeful. We discussed the books pros, cons and talking points:
* Book didn’t have much structure; rambling and hard to read
* Font was tiny and hard to read
* Author’s tone didn’t capture interest
* Author could be condescending
* Book was a more pratical guide to poly and answered common questions
* Sections on how to argue, welcoming change, finding a poly support network and more were dead-on with their advice
* Gives lots of examples and anecdotes
* Doesn’t sugar-coat anything
Overall, while the book wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, most of us found something useful, and many of us went crazy with underlining many sections of the book.
So, NEXT BOOK!
We’ll meet on Wednesday, April 2nd, 6:00-9:00 p.m. at the Center on Halsted, second floor, white couches, to discuss it. And if S still doesn’t have a job, he’ll bring yummy snacks again! (Those peanut butter cookies were to die for!)