Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
- Bumble is dating app created by woman formerly of Tinder –
- Forbes article lists other dating apps created by women for women
- Elisabeth Sheff has a great article on how to come out as poly in six easy steps
3:30 Poly in the News
- Happy tale of growing up poly + one unhappy one
- A NYT conservative predicts legal group marriage by 2040
- Maria Bello’s book Whatever… Love Is Love
9:10 Topic: Metamour fears
Angie writes in to admit that while she’s monogamous and dating a poly guy, what she’s really afraid of is her metamour, whom she hasn’t yet met. Is she prettier, thinner, more successful? Will Angie be discarded once her boyfriend realizes that she’s not as good as his first girlfriend?
Minx recognizes the difficult situation: new to poly, self-identifying as monogamous and long distance to boot! And recommends taking the fear cycle to its maximum ridiculous silliness by filling in the blanks:
I’m afraid that if ____ is the case, that will mean _____ and I’ll ____ and then ____.
If the last blank isn’t “and then I die alone,” add more blanks until you get to that point of silliness. Remember that your fears come from within you and typically have very little to do with reality.
And on the practical side, it’s OK to reach out to your metamour on Skype or Facebook or whatever in advance of a face-to-face. Skype communication is better than no communication and can help put the chattering monkeys to bed.
20:00 Happy Poly Moment
- A listener shares a wonderful HPM about coming out to her mom!
- And another had a wonderful story of a brunch made with two lovers
23:15 Thank you!
Thanks to Sylvia for her donation, and welcome Joe to the Poly Weekly Playmates!
24:00 Wrap Up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!