Under-18 warning and redirection to Scarleteen
1:20 News and host chat
3:10 Topic: Marriage as a conscious choice
A recent Huffington Post personal essay questioning marriage as peer pressure in the 20-30 age range as well as:
- The possibility that even with a lot of love and communication, it might not be enough and the marriage might need to end
- The groupthink that marriage is hard but always worth it
- The lack of alternative relationship choices
- Marriage as the default rather than a custom option
20:20 Feedback on episode 316 Queer as a verb
- Alyssa writes in to say “Sometimes the radical, panties-in-a-bunch, queers need to chill the fuck out, and what better way to chill out than to realize that something you revolve your life around isn’t a big deal to EVERYONE!”
- Vir writes in to say that I’ve queered my relationship and my sex life (through kink/fetishes)
Thanks to Meg for the donation this week!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!