Did you ever wonder about all the things the poly-identified must deal with that the monogamous don’t? Cory and Kate did. And Cory made a list!
Introduction and host chat
Topic: Monogamous Privilege
Cory and Kate on the aggregated content: list of privileges that the monogamous-identified often take for granted. Roughly grouped by these themes:
- Poly configurations are not represented in mainstream and therefore considered other
- Monogamy is not considered a choice but poly is
- People make assumptions regarding sexuality or abuse and anyone identifying as poly is asked to represent the entire group socially
- Monogamy had inferred support for children and family
The East Portland blog’s post on Cory’s monogamous privilege checklist.
- Alan and Anna from The Ordinary Extraordinary give props to Alan’s fantastic interview. from Atlanta Poly Weekend
- Grace in Virginia comments on a seemingly jealous or insecure partner working on it and the hopeful message that initial hesitation doesn’t always mean a lack of desire to be poly.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”