Neil Wehneman and Karen Hill of Poly Columbus share their tips for building your community
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 Host chat
- We’ll be at InfinityCon! Use code POLYWEEKLY at registration for a 10% discount!
- Don’t know where to start? Check out our recommended reading list.
3:15 Poly in the News
8:30 Interview: Neil Wehneman and Karen Hill of Poly Columbus on how to build your poly community
PolyColumbus started with under a dozen people and have built a community of nearly 80 participants. Organizers Neil Weheneman and Karen Hill share their tips on how to build and grow your poly community. Their tips:
- Use Meetup rather than Yahoo groups for better discoverability
- Partner with the kink community to leverage crossover
- How and why to create a board of directors
- How to deal with feedback as your community grows
- They post all their policies on their website under Creative Commons Attribution Only license, so please feel free to use them with attribution.
- Ask for help!
- Avoid burnout by saying “no” and remembering that you still need time to actually BE poly!
38:00 Thank you!
Thomas both donated this month. Thank you!
39:00 Wrap Up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!