Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 News and host chat
- Thanks for your patience with the audio—think we’ve fixed it
4:20 Topic: Being poly in February 2012 for Valentine’s Day
Poly in the media and how love and relationships are being viewed for this year’s Valentine’s Day.
- Snap Judgment did a show called Sugar and Spice; segment 7 is the story of a polygamous sister wife
- New York Times did a great article on open marriage’s 15 minutes of fame after Newt Gingrich’s mention of it
- To counter a previous, dysfunctional relationship described in a Salon article, Sierra Black shared a personal essay on her simple, quiet poly life
- And just for fun, Stanley Siegel’s Psychology Today column is on guys’ relationships with their cocks
- Musqurat calls in to correct my assertion that the word “polyamory” was coined by Morning Glory Zell. In fact, she used the word “polyamorous;” the word “polyamory” was first used by Jennifer Wesp in the Usenet group in 1992.
- Fred writes in to share that he found his identity as a monoamorist who likes occasional play with others.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!