1:00 News and host chat
2:00 Topic: Poly by Orientation vs Poly by Situation
Should I be poly? This question is often asked, and a recent BlogHer essay questioning whether monogamy is the ultimate form of love or a restraint on one’s sexual freedom is better brought up the question: is polyamory a solution to a relationship with no intimacy?
- Is poly of zero benefit to a monogamous-identified partner of someone who would like to be poly?
- Does “Poly by Situation” ever work?
- 11:20 What is required for a Poly by Situation effort to work out: every partner is fully committed, everyone voices their fears and doubts at every turn, no veto power
- Poly as open book not blaring radio
- 14:30 Charlie in Hong Kong calls in with comments about the show, frubble and gifts
- Sarah on the autonomy-intimacy scale from episode 304
26:30 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!