0:00 Introduction and host chat
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to www.scarleteen.com; friend me on Twitter and answer questions about what you want on the show, call 206-202-POLY with comments or discuss your own topics at the forums at http://forum.polyweekly.com.
- The new Brighton Poly group meets at the Caroline of Brunswick pub; new meetings are at the Brighton Poly Group blog
- The Poly Weekly Book Club reads Eros, a Journey of Multiple Loves, meets Wednesday, May 7, Center on Halsted, 6:00 p.m., 2nd floor by the white couches
5:30 Listener Mail
Amul comments on the poly roundtable from Conflation “you do the thing you’re scared of, and you get the courage after, not before”
9:15 Chrysallis shares his coming-out story
11:05 Steve Eley comments on the Sexy Shenanigans episode and historical non-monogamy about William Moulten
13:00 Lea, a family therapist in California, asks about the connection between engineers/geeks/role-playing gamers and poly; if you need a poly-friendly therapist in California, visit First Street Therapy
17:20 Jacob from Texas sends in Torchwood spank for the Minx!
18:40 BravoTango and bringing “metamour” to the community; why no one wants to discuss polygyny and polyandry
23:55 Feedback on #150: Five Places to Meet Poly People
- Nobilis agrees on being friendworthy before dateworthy; met his first poly family in the SCA
- Adam mentions Snuggle Parties and trance dance events as places to meet people, including LoveTribe
- Quidis adds swing parties to the list
32:35 Jacob from Texas comments on Graydancer’s reading of “Pressure” for Escape Pod and my own reading for Podcastle, “For Fear of Dragons“; this gives me a chance to pimp out both podcasts–Escape Pod for science fiction and Podcastle for fantasy; I also just did a reading for Pseudopod, the horror podcast
39:50 Jamie in Mississippi says it’s illegal to start up a poly group there!
41:50 Bubba wrote in to ask about poly seniors
44:00 Helen Fisher spoke on love and monogamy again at TED; download the video here
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Thanks for listening!
Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions”