1:00 Host chat
- Welcome to our new affiliate sponsor, GetSTDTested.com Use code “polyweekly” at checkout for a discount!
- Want to help spread the word about Poly Weekly? Nominate us for the Mature category at the Podcast Awards before October 15
5:15 Interview: Poly and sex work
The lovely and talented Sabrina Morgan joins us for a chat about activism, fetishism and to answer listener questions about polyamory and sex work.
- Former enemies are now advocating for sex worker rights
- What’s the biggest issue right now? Sex work is being covered in the media exclusively as sex trafficking, where all consensual sex workers and educators are lumped under the same category and ruled by the same laws.
- We need accurate data on sex workers, not just those 10% on the street.
- Minx unintentionally brings up a topic: using words such as “pimp” and ideas of sex workers as disposable or a safe target in common parlance.
- Grace, a PW listener, started working as a cam girl and was surprised when her boyfriend had an issue with it. Advice?
- Good news is that sex positive folks are less likely to slut shame
- Whorephobia goes a step beyond this; many still struggle with this idea that doing sex work makes one “other”
- Don’t make your professional life something that is vetoable in a relationship. Economic power is not negotiable.
Jane shares a frustrating story of couple-centrism and being expected to be instantly and automatically best friends with a metamour with veto power—and how it’s nice to hear about LustyGuy, L and me as a positive example!
31:00 Happy Poly Moment
KittenCalendar shares a story of being smushy, scared and single.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!