Teresa Jusino and Pendard explain why so many sci fi content creators and fans are kinky
Download the mp3 directly
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
2:45 Geeks and Kink
Teresa Jusino and Pendard sign on as geek experts research the correlation between sci-fi geekiness and kink/BDSM proclivities. Why are so many geeks kink-friendly, and why are so many comic books and sci-fi plots kinky?
- Are sci-fi content creators all kinky, or do the fans demand kink?
- Why are depictions of kink in sic fi more realistic and more accepted?
- Are creators/consumers kinkier than the average bear or just average but more willing to talk about it?
- Four theories on the collision of geeks and kink
- Pendard shares the kinky background of Wonder Woman; was William Marston kinky himself?
- The top five geektastic kinky couples
- Listener question from Graydancer: why are there more “real” geek girls out there now?
- Geek Girl Con
- Listener question from Justin: does the geek/kink connection have to do with intelligence?
Jusino’s article in ChinaShop Mag
Thanks to Sarah Elizabeth for the generous donation this week!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment here. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”
The new Polyamory Weekly #142: Live from the Arisia science-fiction convention is up! Direct download is at Poly Weekly #142
Subscribe now with iTunes one-click!
Please Digg this podcast at Digg’s PW podcast page!
0:00 Introduction and host chat
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to www.scarleteen.com; friend me on Twitter and answer questions about what you want on the show, call 206-202-POLY with comments or discuss your own topics at the new FORUMS at http://forum.polyweekly.com.
1:30 Announcements & Promo stuff
- Next weekend, I’ll be hosting both a podcasting and polyamory panel at Conflation in Saint Louis. This year is a Firefly theme, and I can’t wait to try out my new Inara costume!
- Next meeting of the Poly Weekly Book Club will be Wednesday, February 27th, 6:00-9:00 p.m. at the Center on Halsted, 2nd floor, white couches; we’ll be continuing our discussion of Ravenscroft’s Polyamory: Roadmaps for the Clueless and the Hopeful
Upcoming workshops: And Boyfriend/Girlfriend Makes Three: Negotiating Nonmonogamy, Saturday, February 23rd, noon-1:30 p.m., A Woman’s Touch in Madison; or Wednesday, March 19th, 6:00-7:30 in Milwaukee
- 3:25 Promo for Nawashi, a novel of erotic magic, available from Podiobooks.com
The new Poly Weekly promo will be up in the feed next
- We’re trying to get 100 reviews on iTunes; if you’d like, please review Poly Weekly by clicking here!
5:30 Report: Poly Panels at the Arisia Science Fiction Convention
Alan interviews Shava from a panel on being poly in a straight world; Michelle Wexelblack discusses poly-mono relationship; 14:00 Dr. Solomon Davidoff discusses the poly community compared to other subcultures; Alan talks about creating a temporary tribe
17:50 Topic: Why Does My Spouse Irritate Me So Much?
Minx discusses this article on marriage only getting worse–your spouse will end up annoying the heck outta you!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Thanks for listening!
Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions”