Alan from Poly in the Media covers the crux of the Sister Wives lawsuit–and why polyamorists should care
Under 18? Stop listening now and visithttp://www.scarleteen.com
- Geek Girl Con is happening October 8-9 in Seattle; join me for the Geeks and Kink panel next to Allena Gabosch of the Center for Sex Positive Culture Saturday evening!
2:25 Suing with the Sister Wives
Alan from Poly in Media shares the details of the Sister Wives lawsuit and point out that this is as close to a lawsuit for the right to privacy within a poly relationship as we will ever find in the mainstream media.
- Kodi Brown and his four wives’ family structure; only Kodi and Meri are legally married; the rest live together and call each other “sister wives” but are not legally married
- The difference from other poly court cases that some poly groups have been leery of aligning with
- The constitutional right/issue being questioned here–NOT the right to marry but the right to cohabitate lovingly in peace.
- The reaction within the poly leadership community
- What are the benefits of poly leaders aligning with and supporting this case? What are the drawbacks?
- What is happening with the case right now
21:00 Book Review: Resident Aliens
Book review by Kurt on the Joe Ashby Porter novel. Not a book to run out and buy, but a book with poly characters.
- Matt from Detroit rants on marriage, what it really means and adding preachers and legislation into marriage.
- Lissie in Cleveland asks for more information on the kinky bed and breakfast in Michigan
- Jeannie in Vermont comments on Sister Wives and asks why polys wouldn’t promote polygamous pride in Utah—she would.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment here. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”