1:00 Announcements and host chat
- LustyGuy, L and I did our goal-setting for 2013. Lots of fun with Your Best Year Yet!
- The North Texas Poly Group shares the following new vocab terms:
- CONFRUBBLED: Confused but happy about it. “I don’t know whose hands those are, but they are doing a great job!”
- FROXY: The pleasure one gets from working up a metamour in anticipation of your sweetheart doing very bad things to them. Like compersion, but sexy and just a tiny bit mean. The enjoyment one gets from participating in alloerotic narratophilia.
- OUTLAWS: The parents of your socially-illicit life partner. “We went to go have dinner with the outlaws Sunday evening. They love playing with our kids so much, they’ve nearly adopted the boys as grandbabies already!”
- 5:10 Miss Poly Manners on (defining one’s own behavior) versus rules (restricting someone else’s behavior) versus agreement (two+ people agree to after discussing boundaries and expectations)
11:05 Topic: Poly and Asperger’s
A listener asks: can you be poly with Asperger’s? Does it help?
- The Wikipedia definition of Asperger’s
- Listener M writes in to share her own experience and a study by sexologist Dr. Amy Marsh, who found in one on-line survey that 25% of autistic responders said they were either poly or switched freely back-and-forth between monogamy and polyamory.
- Another question about autism and poly
- And oh, BTW, Asperger’s is no longer an official diagnosis; it’s “autism spectrum disorder”
21:00 Happy Poly Moments
- Kit shares a snuggly happy poly moment
- Jamie shares a great story of a frubbly weekend by which a partner got to spend more time with her daughter over the holidays due to their poly relationship
- Bruce shared the simple pleasure of a wine-tasting with his girlfriend and metamour
- A listener calls in to ask about dealing with jealousy when in the “s” part of a D/s relationship. Poly and kink overlap, but not all kinksters make the effort to do poly well. Want your kinky poly relationship to succeed? Read Raven Kaldera’s Power Circuits and apply his wisdom!
- What’s NRE in Norwegian? Forelsket!
29:25 Thank you
Thanks to Candice for her donation this month!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY (our new number!). And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!