1:00 Announcements and host chat
- Review of Minx’s awesome birthday weekend tour of the Portland strip clubs!
- Antibioltic-resistant gonorrhea hits North America
- Introduction to Polyamory and Ethical Nonmonogamy panel and Q & A on Wednesday, January 30 at the Raleigh LGBT Center in Raleigh, NC at 7:30 P.M. Facebook event info
- Are you a parent with insights into what would be helpful in a poly kid’s book? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your insights for his new kid’s book project.
9:10 Topic: How to deal with a partner’s jealousy
- Letting jealousy destroy a relationship is a bad precedent. Deal with this jealousy now so you can go forth and date from a place of generosity, kindness and confidence.
- Look beneath the surface to determine what is driving your jealousy and insecurities
- Fill in these blanks: “If my lover [kisses another person in front of me], then the bad thing that will happen is ______.” “If this keeps happening, then it means ________.” “If my lover really loves this other person, then ______.”
- Practice, practice, practice! Practice being secure and coping with jealousy. It takes 21 days to create a habit, so don’t expect to dispel jealousy the first time out.
- And please, don’t date until you and your partner are both secure. It’s not fair to your new lover, who is making an emotional, psychological and maybe even sexual investment in you to be dumped due to someone else’s jealousy.
22:05 Happy Poly Moment
Brandon shares a moment of his wife and girlfriend getting along great!
23:15 Feedback: Episode 345 Poly for the Holidays
Vir writes in to remark on Sierra Black’s Huffington Post piece on making a decision about honoring her mother’s holiday wishes.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY (our new number!). And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!