1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
- Please take the PW listener survey!
- Polyamory in the News
- Poly family facing zoning issues
- Poly publisher ThornTree Press crowdfunds for three new books –
- The well-organized home life of a poly Springfield family – a thoughtful profile of an area quad family with kids. Stories like this, hundreds of them as the years go by, are steadily helping to get us to public awareness and acceptance. People like these sharing their lives make life a little easier for all of us.
- 1000th post on Poly in the News – Can you believe that in 2005, only Loving More and newspapers wouldn’t print neologism “polyamory”; that word didn’t enter dictionaries in 2006!
10:15 Topic: Poly for the holidays
How do you handle the family during the holidays when you’re poly? A few tips:
- Be quietly out if you can. Lead by example. Model great behavior and tolerance.
- If you need to be in, be in.
- Some fun crisis resolution tactics from FBI hostage negotiators!
- Don’t lie but omit certain truths
- Dan Savage has a great article on being out
- Start your own traditions and invite your family–home field advantage
19:30 Happy Poly Moment
Julia shares her story of falling for a gal and then a guy and choosing to be honest about what she wanted instead of dumping one for the other. And it turned out great!
Thanks to Taylor and Igor for their donations and welcome Doug as the newest Poly Weekly Playmate!
23:00 Wrap Up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!