How do you safely explore kink on the scene and find partners to play with? Mollena Williams, co-author of Playing Well With Others, tells all!
Download the mp3 directly
1:00 Announcements and Host Chat
11:15 Topic: How do you safely explore the kink community?
Listener Miz B wrote in to ask how to safely explore the kink community: exploring interest, finding a dominant partner, and telling the current partner about the kink activities.
Enter the fabulous Mollena, co-author of Playing Well with Others, a book that explains the anatomy of the kink community and gives advice on what to expect for fun and safety.
46:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
How not to be a giant douche on FetLife
Download the mp3 directly
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:00 How not to be a douche on FetLife
Best practices for getting FetLife booty and not being pegged as a douchebag:
- Tell us who you are.
Pay attention. Read a person’s profile before you message him/her. If the person is smart enough to specify what he/she does and doesn’t like in terms of approach, offers and play, read and respect that. Modify your opening message accordingly.
Be civil. Being confrontational and aggressive or writing in all caps doesn’t make you a hot top, and no one is falling for it. No experienced bottom will associate aggression from a stranger as hot, safe, sane or sexy.
Participate. FetLife is a community. Join groups that you find interesting and participate in discussions (see #3). Show that you’re not just kinky online or in private but an active member of the local scene with other people that know and trust you.
- a. Complete your profile before sending messages to anyone else.
- b. Have a profile picture that looks like you (not your cock, girlfriend, slave or favorite cartoon character, YOU.)
- c. Include photos that are primarily of you or your work. This does not include photos of the last 20 girls that sucked your cock. It does include toys you made, pretty rope work and artistic shots of scenes that convey a strong emotion and your own personality.
- d. List your fetishes.
16:15 Movie review: Head in the Clouds
Joreth reviews Head in the Clouds as a poly-friendly movie.
- Grace asked how to handle mundane things like chores and finances.
- Blake wrote on episode 288 on geeks and kink in to make a correlation between a creative, open mind and sexual late-bloomers, “I think being kinky and geeky totally makes you more intelligent than the average person.”
- Angel responded to Matt’s rant against marriage in episode 288 to clarify a personal take on marriage: “To us a wedding is a chance to celebrate your relationship publicly with other people.”
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment here. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”