0:00 Introduction and host chat
Intro, under-18 warning and re-direction to www.scarleteen.com; friend me on Twitter and answer questions about what you want on the show, call 206-202-POLY with comments or discuss your own topics at the forums at http://forum.polyweekly.com.
- The new Brighton Poly group meets at the Caroline of Brunswick pub; new meetings are at the Brighton Poly Group blog
- The Poly Weekly Book Club reads Eros, a Journey of Multiple Loves, meets Wednesday, May 7, Center on Halsted, 6:00 p.m., 2nd floor by the white couches
5:30 Listener Mail
Amul comments on the poly roundtable from Conflation “you do the thing you’re scared of, and you get the courage after, not before”
9:15 Chrysallis shares his coming-out story
11:05 Steve Eley comments on the Sexy Shenanigans episode and historical non-monogamy about William Moulten
13:00 Lea, a family therapist in California, asks about the connection between engineers/geeks/role-playing gamers and poly; if you need a poly-friendly therapist in California, visit First Street Therapy
17:20 Jacob from Texas sends in Torchwood spank for the Minx!
18:40 BravoTango and bringing “metamour” to the community; why no one wants to discuss polygyny and polyandry
23:55 Feedback on #150: Five Places to Meet Poly People
- Nobilis agrees on being friendworthy before dateworthy; met his first poly family in the SCA
- Adam mentions Snuggle Parties and trance dance events as places to meet people, including LoveTribe
- Quidis adds swing parties to the list
32:35 Jacob from Texas comments on Graydancer’s reading of “Pressure” for Escape Pod and my own reading for Podcastle, “For Fear of Dragons“; this gives me a chance to pimp out both podcasts–Escape Pod for science fiction and Podcastle for fantasy; I also just did a reading for Pseudopod, the horror podcast
39:50 Jamie in Mississippi says it’s illegal to start up a poly group there!
41:50 Bubba wrote in to ask about poly seniors
44:00 Helen Fisher spoke on love and monogamy again at TED; download the video here
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Thanks for listening!
Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions”