1:00 Host chat with Minx and LustyGuy
- Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert are writing a book! Help fund their Indiegogo campaign to write it!
- Check out the awesome new Beyond the Love conference, November 15-17 in Columbus, Ohio. Educational sessions, social events like poly speed dating and poly prom and the attendee-directed poly summit! Use code polyweekly at checkout to save 10%!
- Need a poly kids’ book? Now there is one! School teach and author Sarah J. Corner wrote Raf and the Robots for unique families Pozible link here
- I’m presenting at CatalystCon on how to be a part-time sex educator Sept 27-29
9:00 Topic: Metamour cock block
Listener R writes in asking for advice on a situation in which her once-friendly metamour J asked for personal time and space that lead to a six-month communication blockade. The silence adversely affected both R and her partner’s (J’s husband) relationship. Question: how do you reopen lines of communication with someone who won’t talk to you anymore? Minx and LustyGuy suggest:
- You can’t force someone to communicate with you, so it’s pointless to keep asking.
- Do your best to take care of yourself and tend your own garden: deal with your own jealousy and insecurities.
- Do your best to nurture the health of your relationship with R.
18:00 Happy Poly Moment
- GreedyPaul shares a moment of joy at Camp Perv
- Timothy shares some fun, snuggly HPMs derived from starting up a regular movie night with his poly family! “THIS is how poly should work, THIS is what I’ve been hoping for. It was a simple moment, but it was memorable.”
- Our estimable solo poly guru, AggieSez, calls in to respond to episode 364 on being in love and vetoed and recommends that even if your time with your partner is so rare that it seems a shame to bring up tough relationship stuff, ovary/man up and do it!
- Emma asks about an issue mentioned in episode 365 on meetups: how do you deal with people feeling stuck next to someone they might not be interested in talking to?
- Isha calls in to ask about how to handle a long-distance poly relationship, and LustyGuy offers some great advice:
- Never underestimate the power of a distraction. Do something fun!
- Make dates—schedule phone calls like a date, complete with dinner, wine and dress up for it.
- Keep a paper journal every day and exchange it with your partner at your next meeting.
- Southern Poly Gathering is a poly camping weekend happening October 17-20 in Florida—join a great group of polys!
Thanks to Elizabeth and Yani for their donations this week!
37:50 Poly music
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? 🙂 Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!